[Tried & Tested] Beat The Blur With 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Hi Huneybees,


I've had Astigmatism since childhood and my vision has always been blur, as though I am in some Matrix movie where I'm always seeing doubles. My vision is only clear when I wear my glasses and because of vanity reasons, I do not wear them most of the time.

What's worse is ever since I got to wear coloured contact lens 2 years ago, I simply wear them to beautify my eyes and showoff my makeup skills, I literally wore the lens in 0 degrees, and not wear my glasses until I know I am "safely" home.

So basically, this happens to me most of the time...



It is super embarrassing when it is not only about missing the bus. I tend to overlook alot of things, like recognizing the wrong people or even ignoring my friends! It is the most excruciating during sales time, when I have to strain my eyes just to make sure I am getting the best deal out the dress I'm eyeing on! 


No way! It's time I say No! I'm gona Beat the Blur with HEALTHY EYES just like Aloysius Pang ((lifestyle blogger and up-and-coming actor) ), the ambassador for 1•DAYACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM. I was invited to the launch event and I even got to give it a test, where I'm fully converted now...


From Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (JJVC) Singapore comes the 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM. At the event, Ms Esther Seah, Senior Brand Manager for Singapore & Malaysia Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, shared that most of the people (in fact 64% of contact lens wearers) do not realise that they have astigmatism and tend to increase  their myopia power of their existing contact lenses in an attempt to see clearly. Such ‘masking’ not only does not correct their astigmatism, it may also potentially worsen their symptoms!



Acuvue has worked closely with the Institutions of learning, Health and Regulatory Authorities, Associations and Eye Care Professionals, to raise awareness to Astigmatism. Not only have they launched the 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM, they have also worked with their ambassador - Aloysius Pang with the ‘Beat the Blur with HEALTHY Eyes’ astigmatism campaign.

1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM ambassadorAloysius Pang sharing with us his experience in beating the blur.



It was kicked off on 11 July 2013 with the “Embarrassing Moments” video starring lifestyle blogger and up-and-coming actor Aloysius Pang who portrays an astigmat who did not correct his astigmatism, gets caught out by a case of mistaken identity, resulting in a series of funny yet embarrassing moments which we can all relate to. The 6-month campaign is part of JJVC’s continued drive for public education on the impact of astigmatism and how to properly correct it. You can check out more about it here.




At the event, Ms. Shirley Loh, Public Professional Affairs Manager for JJVC Singapore and a trained optometrist did a test on blogger William Tan and myself with a on-the-spot eye test. I learnt that I do not have to compromise my vision for beauty and now with the contact lens, I can now flaunt my beauty without having to cover it up with glasses or having to squint when things get blurry!


I've been wearing the 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM contact lens everyday ever since the event. It is super comfy, even though I wore them for the whole day, I do not feel the drynes in my eyes and I do not need any eye drop at all! While, that's because all ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses, including 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM, comes with ACUVUE® Triple Care – Moisture, Oxygen and UV Protection – tokeep eyes healthy and comfortable all day

Even though it might be a little costly compared to those monthly coloured lens that I buy (One box of 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM (30 pieces) retails at SGD 69.00), but I like that it is daily lens, where I don't have to think storing them, cleaning them at the end of the day. I can simply remove and go straight to bed, especially on days when I'm super tired. 

I also don't have to worry about eye irritation from mishandling of the lens, fall outs from mascaras or even during the hazy days. It's hygienic, fuss free and comfortable, definitely something I don't mind spending a little more on.




Wana know if you have Astigmatism? Try these few tests...


To find out more about ‘Beat the Blur with HEALTHY Eyes’ campaign and sign up for a 5-day consecutive trial of 1•DAYACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM, visit us at www.acuvue.com.sg/beattheblur


Just a little shout out to COCOTTE for the delightful food that morning. Go try their brunches, you will fall in love with them!


Love your eyes and go for an eye check early!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give me your comments/pointers. I'll get back to you shortly. Thank you! :p