[What's New] Dream Matte Range from Maybelline New York

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Hi Huneybees,



The latest addition to Maybelline is definitely my lifesaver in weathers like this. Hitting as high as 34°C, my makeup is a mess right from the moment I step out of my house. So I tend to go simple, focusing more on my foundation and concealing, trying to go for that nude look.


So at the launch of Maybelline's Dream Matte Range, I was invited by Cheryl to join her at the Bliss House Theme Restaurant. It very much reminded me of the ex-Fullhouse Cafe and everything was "Ah! So CUTE!!" right from the moment you step into this archway.



Welcoming us are the “angel” and the “devil” and I was brought to another end of the restaurant to take my pick of the good boys, or the bad boys. Cheryl chose to be with the bad, so I was the goodie 2 shoes!


Check out the hunks!



Have a seat on the plushy sofas and seriously the whole restaurant is screaming take wedding photos here!


So, here are the stars! Ready for the reveal?



Presenting Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse.
Alongside, are the Lasting Drama Pen Gel Liner and Baby Skin Pore Eraser.


The makeup artist teaching us tips for the day was non other than Larry Yeo himself! Here's his reference to choose the right Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse for your skin based on your MAC foundation shades.
  • MAC NC35 – Maybelline Nude Light 4
  • MAC NC40 – Maybelline Honey Beige Medium 4
  • MAC NC45 – Maybelline Sandy Beige Medium 1


For Larry's tip, he started with the Baby Skin Pore Eraser, which was the #1 product in Korea. Your skin will look flawless and the pores minimized.
A tip from Larry: This is a silicon-based product so don’t use it with a gel-based moisturiser. Your makeup will be running down in streaks like noodles!
Then, use a medium-sized brush to pick up the Dream Matte Mousse (or you can use you hands), put it on the back of your hand to remove clumps and to compact the product onto the brush strands and gently sweep it across your face.

See how flawless she looks?

If you want more coverage, use the Dream Liquid Mousse. That was what he used for the "angel" model. Larry then helped each of us match our foundation colours and he even taught me to use 2 different shades to contour my face for a slimmer me!


So, all of us brought home the Dream Matte Range in a super duper cute storybook and here's my short review of the products. (Don't worry, I will be using them in my videos, so you can see it in action too).

 

On the left, is the Dream Liquid Mousse and on the right, is the Dream Matte Mousse. They are very different in texture and even how it feels on your skin if different too!


As you can see, on the left, my hand with the Dream Liquid Mousse applied is smoother and I'm loving the coverage it is giving, my green veins were not obvious too!


As for the right, the Dream Matte Mousse felt airy on my hand, as though nothing was applied. But the slight cakey look there is to it, I'm not a fan. It also seems a little more yellow toned compared to the Dream Liquid Mousse. I think the Liquid Mousse is still my preferred choice.


There are more upcoming products in the Maybelline range, do stay tuned for my reviews...



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give me your comments/pointers. I'll get back to you shortly. Thank you! :p