[Get The Look] Oriental Nail Art For Lunar New Year

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hi Huneybees,


The Lunar New Year is drawing near and everyone is busy preparing for it, including myself. Time is running out for me just like Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried in "In Time". Every single second counts and here I am to introduce you a super fast and fuss-free way of getting your nails done, looking almost professionally that you can even do it on the eve of Lunar New Year!



I found these water decal nail stickers from P.N.C (S) Traders Pte Ltd in Chinatown (Blk 34 Upper Cross Street, #02-150, 168, Singapore 050034)P.N.C is a nail art lover’s dream, they carry anything and everything you ever need for your nails and at really reasonable prices too. It's my little heaven and do note their opening hours as they close pretty early. More details on their website


Ok, back to the nails. Firstly, you have to have a good 2 layers of the base nail colour of your choice. Here I selected a nice nude pink for the decals to fully stand out as though they were drawn directly onto my nails.



Then, after selecting which designs goes on which fingers, I cut each of them up.


Nest, you would need a container and fill it with water (a height where you can fully soak the decal in), as well as a tweezer.


Holding on to a corner of the decal with my tweezer, I fully soak the decal in the water for about 4 seconds, before I lightly slide the decal out of the paper back and paste it onto my nails. 



Set the design while it is still wet and gently pat it dry once you are done. Apply a thin layer of your favourite top coat and you are set to finish off the rest of your nails by repeating the steps.


Simple as A,B,C and in split seconds, you can get all 10 nails "painted" as though you just stepped out of a nail salon. My friends and family loves this design and some of them thought it was really drawn on and they even asked how long it took for me to get all these done!



So there you have it, my little tip and trick to getting your nails done in the comfort of your home. You don't even have to breath in those nail polish fumes and get on a rat race with the Lunar New Year nail salon crowd!


Have fun and Happy New Year to you!



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give me your comments/pointers. I'll get back to you shortly. Thank you! :p