[Tried & Tested] Sexy Up With O.P.I Fifty Shades Of Grey

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hi Huneybees,


With the release of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie, I bet some of you out there will be trying out new bedroom fun. But before you guys go spanky-wanky, don't forget to dress for the occasion and coat your nails to get right into the mood~


Inspired by the love story, comes 6 new nail polishes from O.P.I. Each bottle is naughtily named that is fit to suit the Fifty Shades Of Grey theme. Since I already have an overflowing collection of nail polishes, I decided to get the mini set. 

These shades were not really what I have in mind for the collection though, they were a little like the usual nail colours that O.P.I have and just repackaged, I was hoping to see more of different shades of grey and probably even grey nail polishes in different textures (sand effect, leather effect, feather effect, etc.) and maybe some nail art add on like studs or feather. 


So here are the shades from left to right - My Silk Tie, Dark Side Of The Mood, Romantically Involved, Embrace The Gray, Shine For Me, Cement The Deal. 


Cement The Deal - I'd sign anything to get my hands on this stony, cool grey.
Comparing the 2 shades of grey, I was more of a fan for Cement The Deal. It is a more blue toned light grey and not too many brands of nail polishes carry this shade.


Shine For Me - This shimmering silver with subtle blue sparkle really turns me on.
I thought this is a glitter topcoat, but with 3 coats, it is so easy to achieve this look. It is super easy to apply and the glitter payoff is just nice for the little sparkle. 


Embrace The Gray - Let this chic, moody gray creme become one with you.
This is a couple shades darker than Cement The Deal. I love how this shade reflects the moody side of Christian Grey. The formula has a nice consistency and is very easy to apply with good opacity, it looks good with glossy or matte topcoat.


Romantically Involved - I'm in a deep relationship with this luscious creme red.
This is a red that you will be able to find everywhere and well, it is here to remind you of the red chambers in Christian Grey's house where all the action takes place. This polish is really opaque, just 2 coats and you can get a nice set of red nails, it will also be good for the upcoming Chinese New Year or even as a french tip against the other colours.


Dark Side Of The Mood This brooding, stormy charcoal is dangerously gorgeous.
So now you know Mr Grey's secret, are you ready to indulge in his dark side? I was first thinking this is just another black nail polish, but if you look closer, this is a very, very dark shade of gray with blue undertones and a very slight pearl shimmer. The shimmer is very  and it's hardly visible even in direct sunlight. This polish has a sheer tone to it, requiring 3 coats to get to this opaque shade. 


My Silk Tie - This silky, gleaming silver has got me all tied up.
Just the right frosty silver nail polish to remind you of the blindfolding neck tie. I like that the brush strokes are not obvious even after a couple of coats. It is so easy to work with and the opacity is good. 



So there you have it! This my review of the O.P.I Fifty Shades Of Grey nail polish collection.
They are already out in stores in Singapore and fun with those sexy nails!




 photo Signature__zpsdf69aa7c.jpg



Don’t forget to stay tuned to my blog / like my blog’s Facebook page / follow me @huney_84 on Twitter & Instagram  for the latest updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give me your comments/pointers. I'll get back to you shortly. Thank you! :p